Thursday, February 14, 2008

Blog 270: Time to make the cupcakes!

Yes, while you guys were sleeping, I was up baking cupcakes for the princesa's 5th grade class. 3 dozen cupcakes aren't an easy task... but as usual, I was up for the challenge.

Photobucket


These Valentine's Day cupcakes aren't from scratch, but are semi-homemade... my secret for making a huge batch of cupcakes on last minute notice. I used Pillsbury Moist Strawberry cake mix, (*Use Olive Oil for a light, moist taste.) The frosting is made with 3 cups of powdered sugar, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of butter, 3-4 tbsp of milk.

Photobucket

To spice up the cupcakes, lightly dust either the entire top or the the edges of the cupcake with red candy sugar/sprinkles. I prefer the edges. Then add 2 candy conversation hearts to the center of the red sugar to top it all off.

Photobucket

Another secret... I always stop by the bakery at the local grocery store to pick up clear plastic cupcake containers. My experience has been that at Ralph's grocery store (in Los Angeles,) they will give me the containers for free. However at Von's grocery (also in LA,) they charge $1.00 per container. There are companies that sell those tupperware like containers for cupcakes, but they are much heavier.

So there you have it... My contribution for a day full of Love.

~*~ Sinny ~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment