Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blog 304: On Losing Weight

This year has been a rough one, I gained 30 pounds in 6 weeks for some medication my therapist had me .. switching me to something else, the weight was still really difficult to lose. Luckily, all the weight went to my hips, thighs and ass... Everyone has loved the increase in size of my ass, but honestly, the weight gain was a little too much for me. When I realized I was slightly over my BMI I knew it was time to do something about it.

Two weeks ago, I went to a med spa recommended by my agent, Lisa Ann to see Dr. Franco for medical weight loss. Dr. Franco is awesome! He put me on this strict Keto-genic diet and prescribed me Plegine, a prescription appetite suppressant. Plegine doesn't contain caffeine, but it definitely curbs my appetite! I am thrilled to announce that so far, I have lost 5 pounds. :) I'll be happy when the remaining offending 25 pounds are gone so I can fit into my tiny clothes again! :) The diet drives me nuts because I am a carb-addict... But I am trying to be good. Its tough, But I'll work it out.

I was a bit resistant to the Keto-genic diet because I know the damage that a diet high in protein and low in carbs can do to the body. You NEED carbs for energy. And while protein does turn to ketones and can create enough energy to run on, who wants the bad breath and skin odors that are caued by ketonacidosis?! I am allowed fruit at breakfast, but after that, only 30g of carbs for the rest of the day. Its hard for me, the cupcake queen, to give up carbs, but I'm happy to do whatever it takes to lose the weight!

I am supposed to also do 30 minutes of cardio or 5 minutes of jump roping every other day to speed up the process and lose an extra 2 pounds a week... I just have to find the frigging time! I got a Wii fit from one of my fans a couple of months ago, but my daughter plays it more than I do... let's just say, I'm fucking lazy. :) Lol!

I will keep you guys updated on the weight loss progess and if possible, go back to uploading recipes when I can like I used to...

Cross your fingers for me that this weight will continue to just melt off me!

~*~ Sinny ~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment